Friday, March 23, 2007

Acid Test

Whoooo, doggie. I sure do hate gettin' sick. I guess I had that virus thing that's been going around because I was doing the technicolor yawn all Wednesday afternoon and part of the evening, and then feeling like a slug for the past two days after. I think I'm just partially wore out, physically and mentally. I feel so battered these days, so on edge, like there's something hugely important that I have to do and I'm forgetting what it is, and then I worry that I won't have time to do it because of work and then I come home and pass out on the couch as soon as I kick off my shoes and toss off the bra. Sitting upright at the internet keeps me mildly awake but I have so little time to do it, and to be honest I don't really want to spend so much time doing it because it takes me away from things that I really should be doing. As a result my emails are piling up and I know people think I must be seriously dissing them but I'm really just answering maybe 3-4 at a time as I receive them, trying not to spend more than 20-30 minutes at one sitting. Compounded with things going on at work, as usual. Wow. Things just... don't look good. And I know I've been saying that for over a year now but damn, I can't imagine much worse it can get. And the medical bills....

Argh! No, I'm not going to make this a pity post. This is the first time in about a week where I haven't felt like my innards are coming out of my throat and I want to revel in the positive. Like the fact that I'm going to Las Vegas with Joe next weekend. It's S.'s wedding, and it's going to be in some novelty chapel presided over by Elvis. Or an Elvis impersonator (depending on which package deal she got) and it's all going to be live over the internet. And I'm going to be there. And God knows what she'd going to have me do. Hopefully not carry Elvis' train.

But Joe's never been so it's going to be pretty cool either way. It's only for a few days but I think we could both use the get-away time. We're going to try and get tickets to see Spamalot while we're there. But mostly we're just going to play it by ear, and hang with a few of our old friends. I think I need this. I think I need to remember what it feels like not to stress for awhile. And to fall asleep every evening to the sound of slot machines dinging in my brain. Reminds me of every time I spent the night in Manhattan at Dave's place down in the lower east side, and the hum of constant traffic at every hour of the night. Nope, I sure don't miss those jets at the oceanfront. Oh my word, no.

Oh, and happy birthday, Papa, ya dirty ole man. I left you a verah sexay voice mail message today. Or as sexy as someone like me gets, which is actually more dorky than sexy. Oh well, sexy is your job. I just pay the bills. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home