Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New Direction

So I went in for the pulmonary test that I was scheduled to take months ago back when I had, you know, that cough, and of course now that I'm not coughing I breezed through the test with flying colors. But we are discussing future preventative measures for the next time when I sense another cold coming on, signaling the cough's return. I suppose we'll see how all that goes.

The doctor also talked me out of doing Atkins. And to be honest, she didn't exactly have to twist my arm. I've been feeling sicker than I ever remembering feeling last time I did this in 2003, where all I remember experiencing back then was dizziness and a twinge of sugar withdrawal. Last week I had to leave work early because I thought I was going to throw up if I didn't get a carb into my system somehow, and I know I shouldn't but I never felt physically ill from the body trauma of it before. She suggested getting back on Weight Watchers again, so starting tomorrow, I'm counting points once again.

Lord, give me strength for this. I still haven't flipped that breaker in my brain yet tell me I need to do this for my health. The depression of being such a failure causes me to sabotage myself all over again. I have to many distractions in my life. Too many things that keep me from focusing on my health. I need to eliminate them. Drown them out. Focus. FOCUS.

Help me through this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You already know you can do it! Weight Watchers is great for it's variety. Not feeling deprived is key to sticking with something. Here's my tip of the day, which I'm sure you know, but my nutritionist made the whole class chant it half a dozen times, so it really stuck with me. The number one cause of failure in bariatric surgeries (which I think can easily apply to any person dieting) is HIGH CALORIE BEVERAGES! Want some apple juice, eat the apple instead! Etc. Etc. Crystal Lite is your friend. :) I messaged you at your MySpace with details on what I had done.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home