Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Now That It's Getting Cold

Video footage of Joe truck-boarding in the snow down by the beach. See, we get snow here from time to time. We get snow!



Sitting here watching An American Werewolf in London on AMC. How did I never once notice that Rik Mayall was one of the guys sitting in the Slaughtered Lamb pub at the beginning of the movie? What kind of Young Ones fanatic can I dare call myself?

I remember a friend of mine telling me about a movie theater in New York City that sold beer at the concession stand, and every Saturday night they'd show horror movies, and beer was free up to the point where the first person dies in the film. He said when they showed An American Werewolf In London there was a mad rush of people trying to get to the concession stand to get as many free beers as they could carry, since Griffin Dunne's character dies within the first ten minutes of the movie.

He said I should have been there the night they were showing The Shining. Now THAT was a sloppy drunken shindig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home