Tuesday, December 30, 2008

And So...

I have a feeling I won't be doing anything tomorrow night for New Years. There's a few gigs in and around town, and a few friends have invited me to attend them with them. But I dunno, wherever I go I'm going to end up having to leave early anyway since I have work in the morning. And Joe won't be home from work until about 10pm himself, and money's hella tight as always this time of year, after Christmas spending, Joe's birthday spending, paying my car taxes, and mortgage all around the same week. Plus I need to start saving money for a possible trip to Austin, Texas on the week of my own birthday in two months. Dang, no wonder I never went to MarsCon with S. and those gang every January. Or Las Vegas. Or pretty much anything involving anything going on in that month.Things gotta change, and I hope that's what next year is all about.

Goals for 2009: New job. New body. More money. More money should go in tandem with new job, I'm hoping, and I've been losing weight slowly but steadily on my new vegetarian/slightly vegan/sugar free diet. Best of all, I don't pass out seven times a day and my stomach doesn't give me hell every time I put something in it. I haven't felt this good in two years, and it has improved my mental state considerably. More than anything, my physical and mental state takes precedence over all things in 2009.

Didn't experience a lot of pop cultural endeavors that were released in this year proper, as I was busy going backwards throughout most of 2008 in films, music, and literature. Probably my favorite movie from this year is The Dark Knight tied with Tropic Thunder, which gives you an idea of how infrequently I went to the theaters in 2008. Same could be said for music, when the only album I liked released in 2008 (that I actually heard) was Seeing Sounds by N.E.R.D. Hands down the best graphic novel for me was The Burma Chronicles by Guy Delisle, although I've become partial to him all throughout the year. Many thanks to Paul for taking me out of my hovel and into that comic book store on St. Marks Place to find it.

In fact, thank you to Paul for that trip to New York. Thank you to Alvin for letting me stay at the cottage in Nags Head. Thank you to Tracy at work for being my rock when I was crashing hard after getting reamed by the company. Thank you to Lloyd for his encouraging and adoring emails. Thank you to my parents for all their help, in ways too numerous to count. Thank you to Joe for always putting up with me. And thank you to dozens of friends who have been there for me. I don't deserve you. You know who you are, and I adore each and every one of you.

I think tomorrow night I'm going outside and look at the moon. They say a bunch of planets are going to be lined up around it all vivid-like. Then maybe a veggie wrap from Tropical Smoothie for dinner, watch Population: 1 that just came in from Netflix, and maybe be in bed at a reasonable hour. I think I like that plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home