Friday, October 23, 2009

Ear-Bleeding Frenzy

The Friday Five:

1. If the world was ending and you could listen to one song, what would it be?
Strangely, I think I would feel compelled to to pull out The Milky Way by Keiji Haino. Especially considering that I only heard it once and put it away for over sixteen years. I thought I had sold it to the Colley Avenue Pawn Shop ages ago, but I was surprised to find it still sitting on my shelf after all this time. It's nameless and labelless black CD makes it a tad inconspicuous in my collection. Something about the monotonous drone somehow feels right with the impending end of the world and all.

2. How did you first come across that song?
If anybody can recall my old post from January 2006 (not likely) I was inspired to buy a Keiji Haino CD after reading a very short but passionate review of the man written by a guy that I later came to know online, without having realized who he was until I unearthed the review from my magazine collection several years later.

3. If it reminds you of a person, is that person still with you?
I've met him once in NYC, and I still read his blog regularly and comment occasionally.

4. Does anyone else know what that song means to you?
Well if they're reading this, they do now.

5. Where would you listen to it, and with whom?
Probably in my bedroom, and more than likely by myself, since Joe will be running out in a fit of ear-bleeding frenzy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home