Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Drinking A Pina Colada At Trader Vic's

I hate it when I get these nagging pangs that come on during moral and ethical dilemmas.

Granted I've undoubtedly bought my fair share of stolen merchandise in my time -- a brand new CD at a flea market, or a gold watch out of the trunk of somebody's car (okay, not the watch thing, but definitely the CD thing) -- but I think it counts in my favor due to the fact that there is no way that I know for certain that those items I bought were stolen. But when a guy comes into your store with a bag-load of brand spankin' new DVDs to sell back to us, and then gets caught trying to STEAL from us WHILE selling the stuff back to us, it stands to reason nothing about this gutsy young entrepreneur is on the up-and-up. So given that his bag 'o product was most likely hot to begin with, am I in the wrong for flat-out gleefully buying the entire She-Wolf Of London/Love And Curses complete series on DVD, even if our store had already made the transaction before discovering that it might have been jacked? Because, well... long-time reader(s) of this blog know how desperately long I have been waiting for this 1990 cult television series to make it to DVD, and having momentarily given up on chasing the dream, not noticed that it was finally released in February of this year? Starring American actress Kate Hodge (recently seen on Law & Order) and British actor Neil Dickson (recently seen on Mad Men) in what I rather describe as pre-X-Files, but a lot funnier? Did I mention again how long I have been waiting for this to come out on DVD? That I am in general a pretty nice person and once when I was seven years old tried to steal a plastic toy turtle from a gift shop at King's Dominion and my mother made me put it back? Well, that is I... would have put it back on my own, I'm sure. Pangs of moral and ethical dilemma and all that.

Oh who am I kidding. Half my collection is founded on potentially stolen product. I'll just need to remember to level out my karma and give back to the universe in some way later this week. That... is how it works, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home