Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hoist With My Own Petard

Inventory tomorrow night, so I cleaned out my hold bin at work. A new copy of the complete series of The New Adventures Of Mighty Mouse (a short-lived and very surreal Saturday morning cartoon by former Terrytoon employee Ralph Bakshi), a used copy of the film version of Tommy by The Who, which I had memorized from watching so often back in the 80's I hardly ever need watch it again (but its nice to own), and a used copy of T. V. Mikel's notoriously dreadful Blood Orgy Of The She-Devils, which I haven't seen yet but promises to be... well, T.V. Mike-o-rific, to be sure.

Oh, and a reduced price used copy of the first season of Big Valley, the sudsy western from the 60's which I was thoroughly addicted to as a child. Don't remember a whole lot about it, but I love Barbara Stanwyck, Linda Evans was never more beautiful, and for some reason I just love this scene were Timothy Carey, observing Stanwyck from a balcony, cooly steps off the staircase and lands neatly into his horse's saddle. Whatta badass.



Missed a few events in town this weekend. Bernstein's Mass at Chrysler Hall, and the Reduced Shakespeare Company at the Wells, which I was thinking about going this evening until I opened my mail and saw that I owe my dentist fifty bones. Ah well. Brunch tomorrow at the Ten Top with the gang, and then inventory, which luckily is not as late as they usually run for me. Then a Mammorgram on Monday. See, I get out of the house every once in awhile!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home