Monday, October 24, 2005

Ah, The Frontier Wit...

I spent the entire day bed, sleeping it away while the storm raged outside. Woke up occasionally, ate a little something, banged out some reviews, took some more Nyquil, and went back to the sack. My day in a nutshell.

And for some reason I kept having dreams about the movie McCabe & Mrs. Miller. I'm not sure why, or if they were all separate dreams or if they were part of one long continuous dream. At one point I dreamed that I was Mrs. Miller. Another point I dreamed that I was me again and I receiving a shipment of McCabe & Mrs. Miller soundtrack CDs, but the soundtrack had all the songs performed by Van Morrison. And I remember arguing with the distributor "But it's supposed to be Leonard Cohen! It's Leonard Cohen's music, not Van Morrison's!" and then I noticed on the liner notes that Warren Beatty was also singing on the album with Van Morrison and that just made everything a whole lot worse.

Holy crap. We must be getting the outer edges of Wilma tonight. It feels as if my roof is going to blow straight off.

Whata strange, surreal, drug-addled day this has been. I wish I had more like them.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there. two things: i heard vance degenres on the ellen show (he was on the phone). she was doing some card trick thing and then introduced him as being "skeptical about EVERYTHING"
which he snapped back that he wasn't and that whole "yes you are...no i'm not" game went on for a minute.then it was just technical stuff ("pick a number between one and ten"..."ok")
but they had a lovely picture.
second: my house is coming down soon so i'll be slightly absent for the winter.
our rental has dial up...eww.
so it's really a matter of me wanting to set up the computer.
-emily

2:05 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hey Emily!

A friend told me about that moment when Vance and Ellen were on teh phone together, but I didn't know that they showed a picture! And I didn't hear about their "agrument" -- ha! I would love to hear those to go at it. Thanks for telling me about it. I'm bummed because I was planning on watching that morning and got sidetracked.

Your house is coming down? Oh man. I'll miss you!! Do try and keep in otuch when you can and let me know what's happenin' with ya. I love talking to you. And always feel free to email anytime!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will have officially dropped off the face of the planet it seems.
funny how much we comunicate with good ole things like the internet and a ground phone line and don't even realize it. yuck.
i'm not so sure i would refer to vance and ellen arguing...more like a tiff. a little tiff. oh well. it was just a picture form his website anyway.
but hey who knew he was concidered "skeptical"?
i'll have my computer up and running for a few more days. then i may pop up here and there when i get access to a computer.
-emily

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home