Monday, October 17, 2005

Minutiae

It's my day off. I managed to get out and visit with my mother for a few hours (my father is in Louisville, KY on business this week) but once I got back all I wanted to do... heck, all I could do was crawl into bed and stay there. Not only do I appear to be catching the cold that everybody at work has passed back and forth between each other, but my tooth is absolutely killing me. Not too long ago I lost a little chunk off my first premolar on the lower right hand side, but it hasn't really bothered me because that was the tooth where I had my root canal a few years ago so it's basically just a dead, nerveless hunk 'o bone. But the shape of the hole is such where it's a bear to keep clean and no amount of brushing and religious hourly flossing can keep my surrounding gums from getting inflamed and infected. Or at least I think that's where the pain is coming from. I made an appointment for Wednesday morning but in the meantime I have a few of Joe's prescription-strength Ibuprofin from when he had his tooth pulled last year to keep the ache at a minimum. But this aggravating combination of "icky" and "ouchy" has made not feel much like eating or exercising or doing anything that requires me not to be in a reclining position cocooned under the comforter. At least I'm catching up on my backlogged reading material. And my sleep.

I really hate complaining about my aches and pains, and I'm sorry you guys. I'm the kind of person who when she gets sick she tends to creep away into a secluded little area to lick her wounds in private because she hates being a burden on anyone. But I guess the blog is as good a place as any to release another monster on a rope where (hopefully this time) I won't do anybody any harm nor foul.

It was really gorgeous today, though. Real sunshine for a change. It was autumn-cool outside but the sun was very warming. I still wore my shorts and T-shirt during the moments when I was out in it, and I loved the feel of the crisp air on my bare legs and lifting my hair to caress that sensitive neck of mine. Almost... almost didn't mind the jet noise for a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home