Monday, August 07, 2006

Ain't It Funky Now

Oh, and speaking of Greg, since he found the link first, this was the very first time that I had ever seen or heard of Stevie Wonder, back when he appeared on Sesame Street with his band performing "Superstition" in the early 70's. I remember as a little girl thinking how funny it was that his head kept swaying every time he stopped singing, and I have since never not been able to hear this song without associating the mental image of that one kid in the orange shirt trying to bust a move on the fire escape. And I never realized that was Ray Parker Jr. there on the guitar. Anyway, good times. Funky good memories. Thanks, Greg!

And dude, check out that gold medallion on Stevie's chest. I think I saw Harry Hamlin use that same piece to ward of Medusa in Clash Of The Titans. Bling-bling!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stevie was clearly having a ball there -- you can tell he's thinking "I'm jamming like a mofo on Sesame Street! How badass!"

3:00 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Right at the end he gives a big ol' shout-out to Cookie Monster. I remember when I finally first heard the non-SS version of "Superstition" I kept waiting around for the Cookie Monster part to come in and it never did. Still not the same, IMO.

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home