Sunday, September 17, 2006

Rejected Unknown

Oh sure, now I can't sleep. I was zoning in and out of The Devil And Daniel Johnston, which I've been dying to see forever, and now it's after one a.m. and I'm just looking for somebody to put me out of my caffeine-induced insomnia mysery. I hate being up late when there's nobody to talk to. I miss so many people right now. It's worse during nights like these.

I've taken the week off from work, although now it looks like I won't be going out of town like I'd originally planned. It's a good thing I suppose, since I should probably be spending some of this down time getting my foot to heal, which has been alarmingly slow going, but not being on my dogs all day at work should expedite the process I imagine. Joe will be gone most of the days with my car so I'll be stuck at home anyway, doing diddlyshit. No, that's not true. There's a lot I need to do now that I have this time to myself. It's not like I have an excuse not to get things done this week anymore. I might try drawing again while I'm still in the mindframe.

But more than anything I think I need this week to just... sort things out. Mentally more than anything. There's going to be a great purging this week of things that I've kept bottled up since I haven't hardly much time to myself to deal with them since I moved. Grandmother's death (and Tom's), as well as other people in my life who are not really there anymore, and definitely worries about work and what I can do to improve things in that area. A big annual purging can be an amazing thing for the soul and whatnot. In a way it is a good thing that I'm not going anywhere this week, because I really think I need this break right now, before I break in half myself.

I may be alone, but that doesn't mean I want to be lonely, either. Keep me company. Please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home