Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Cat Stevens, NOOOOO!!

I know last year I mentioned a few things from The Film Crew that I've seen, which is a new off-shoot project from the people who brought the voices of Mystery Science Theatre 3000, and I might have linked to former host Mike Nelson's Riff Trax which does pretty much the same thing, but seemingly, in a different way.

Now MST3K creator Joel Hodgson brings his new Post-Mstie project to the big HDTV screen with Cinematic Titanic -- same concept, some same old familiar voices (including original writers/cast members Trace Beaulieu, J. Elvis Weinstein, Frank Conniff, and Mary Jo Pehl), but no adorably shoddy "'bots", although they do seem to be sitting at half profile along the edges of the screen in a strange, distracting, and disconcerting way. Although I suppose in hindisght no more distracting than robot silhouettes made out of a bubblegum machine and catcher's mitt.

Viddy the trailer for The Oozing Skull, which already sounds freakin' awesome on its own merits, so get a sample of what they do, and just why they do it so well.





WE HAVE MOVIE SIGN!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>half profile along the edges of the screen in a strange, distracting, and disconcerting way<<

Yes, dare I say it, its .... a-...I don't want to say it, but yeah its annoying.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home