Saturday, March 22, 2008

Forget What I Said Earlier...

I found out at work that my car was fixed at 3pm (a fubar with a voice mail message left yesterday), although due to the holiday weekend they told me I had until 4pm to pick it up. I bolted out of work and headed home to fetch Joe to drive me down to Beach Ford, but not even halfway down Lynnhaven Parkway... yep, Joe's car dies.

I seriously cannot emphasize how extraordinarily lucky I am to have signed up for AAA a few weeks ago, seeing as this is the third time this week I've had to use them. Not to mention how lucky I was to get the nicest tow truck fellow in the world who didn't make me come with him all the way out to the beach to abandon me at some deserted station (like Thursday night) and even drove us home before dropping off Joe's car at the shop.

My car however, will not be available to be picked up until Tuesday, since Beach Ford is taking Monday off for Easter. And the same will be likely for Joe's car whatever the heck is wrong with it. Enterprise rental is closed until Monday, which is my mother's birthday and I'm supposed to meet the family in Kempsville for dinner. And Joe has a big job interview that same afternoon.

I still don't know how much my new car repairs amount to, either.

Feh. I'm going to bed early tonight, before I destroy anything else I touch.

Phooey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home