Saturday, May 17, 2008

Yesterday...

6:30 am: Woke up. Brushed teeth. Got dressed.

7:14 am: Took Joe to work, then headed down to Norfolk to pay for the work on his car and pick up the keys at the transmission shop so that we can fetch it later in the afternoon.

8:17 am: Mechanic out test driving Joe's car and won't be back until after nine. Drive back to Virginia Beach where I stop by a Farm Fresh for a donut and eat breakfast sitting in the car.

9:08 am: Return to transmission shop, where mechanic has returned. I pay for the car and he feels so bad for making me have to drive all the way back to Norfolk he gives me $10 for gas out of his own pocket.

9:48 am: Return home with Joe's car keys and slip back into bed again fully dressed. I'm out as soon as my head hits the pillow.

11:09 am: Wake again to the sound of phone ringing, but they do not leave a message. I feel drugged from the sugar I had in the donut this morning. I take a metformin and jump in the shower.

1:19 pm: Check my email and Myspace quickly, heat a Lean Cuisine for lunch.

2:00 pm: Dress for work and leave. I'm early, so I head over to Barnes & Noble. Bought The Education of Hopey Glass and a cup of coffee and read and drink it in the car.

3:00 pm: Clock in to work.

4:23 pm: Swamped with buybacks right when I need to leave to pick up Joe from work. Get Bekah to take over and I bolt to the parking lot, fighting traffic all the way to Dam Neck Road.

5:02 pm: Pick up Joe outside Geico. Joe makes several phone calls to Mike and Al on my cell phone discussing plans to meet up for dinner and seeing Iron Man at MacArthur Mall. They arrange for Joe to pick up Al at his place in downtown Norfolk while he changes out of his work suit.

5:38 pm: Drop Joe off at transmission shop and watch him turn on his car before taking off. Al calls my cell and yells to stop Joe from coming straight to his place because he's not ready yet. I tell him that it's too late and I hang up, giggling.

6:03 pm: Stop at MacDonald's to use the restroom because my bladder had reached critical mass. Grabbed a burger and fries for dinner. Took one bite and remembered why I don't eat at MacDonald's anymore. Blech.

6:44 pm: Get back to work.

11:45 pm: Close up the store with Stacey and agree to meet up again at Liz's 21st birthday party immediately after I run home and pick up Joe.

12:03 am: Arrive at Liz and Mary's at the same time as Stacey. Lots of people from work there, including several who no longer work there. I spend most of the time sitting on the couch because I am too tired to stand and my trick knee is killing me. The young lady who made me the Portishead CD offered to take me to the Radiohead show in New Jersey with her this summer, but she had a little bit to drink and she may have forgotten the whole thing by now. :-)

12:59 am: Left party. Went home. Joe crawled into bed and I stayed up a bit watching Adult Swim in the darkness of my living room.

1:25 am: Turned in. Finally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home