Monday, December 08, 2008

March Of The Falsettos


Soooooo, the Shoe universe takes place in Minneapolis? Somehow I can't see the professor chillin' down at First Avenue waiting for Hüsker Dü or The Time to hit the stage (I'd be tempted to make a doing "The Bird" joke here, but even I think that's lame even for me).

FORTY-FIVE YEARS??? How far into the freakin' future does this comic take place? And will birds rule the earth then? (I for one, welcome our new avian overlords...)

Anyway, color me stoked to see The Replacements mentioned in a Sunday comic today. I was a huge fan back in college and their music is still so amazingly nostalgic to me. And few can argue the merits of minimalism when it comes to this classic video...



The guy kicking the speaker at the end sort of reminds me of when Randy lived upstairs from me at my old apartment in Ghent and one morning at 6am he became so angry and fed up with his shoddy stereo he pitched the entire thing out of the bedroom window three stories up from the street, one component at a time. I remember lying in bed and opening one eye, awakened to the sound of his GODDAMPISSMOTHERFUCKERPIECEASHITGAAAHHHH as one speaker after another flew past my bedroom window and crashed into the alley below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home