Saturday, May 30, 2009

Science Gone Too Far

I think I need another vacation. Again. And I shouldn't , because I just took a vacation in February and I can usually go a lot longer than this before I start getting burned out at work. But I snapped at a customer today. He didn’t do anything wrong at all, and I feel terrible about it. I’ve just been going through so much stress these last few months and it’s starting to fray me along the edges.

Things were pretty touch and go there financially, and to a degree they still are. Right now I’m hoping that I have found a way to resolve my $4,000 colonoscopy bill that my non-existent health insurance refuses to pay ($1,000 outpatient max per year is utter hogwash) which, if this works, will be such a burden lifted off my chest I don't know how I'll even be able to brace myself for the possibility. But I guess I should count my blessings. My death cough is is in remission, and my stomach isn't hurting anymore right now. I'm eating healthy again to stay out of the hospitals, even though eating healthy is hardly cheap. C'mon people! If more folks would buy organic then maybe it wouldn't be so expensive anymore.

But you know, I try to live comfortably by my means. I don't make much money at all, but I make do with what I have in terms of my expenditures. I'm a pretty low-maintenance gal, coming from years of living like a church mouse in my starving artist 20's, when meals were instant mac 'n cheese and the only time I got new clothes was when I let some band crash on my floor and they gave me a free t-shirt for my troubles. I mean sure, I would love to get my hair done beautifully at Amici Style instead of the usual crap hatchet job at Supercuts. I would love to own a real Tory Burch handbag instead of carrying my stuff around in a tattered cloth Heritage shopping bag. And I would love to go somewhere on vacation, but... well, not like my own house couldn't use a thorough cleaning if I took a week off. But I can't afford to, now that I have no vacation time anymore. And I need so much work done, like de-poison ivy the backyard, and prune my pear tree since the branches are nearly touching the ground.

I try to save, and I try to be frugal. But more and more I'm coming to terms with the notion that I'm going to really have to find a new place to work within the next year.

At least someplace that offers better health insurance, for certain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home