Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sand and Water Under The Bridge

Excerpts from a letter from an old friend who used to live upstairs from Me, Joe, Steve, and Lou at the Colonial Avenue apartments in Ghent over 15 years ago. Recalling old parties, bands that slept over, loud pets, and strange refugee roommates while I enjoy her photos from today's Neptune Festival sandcastle contest (great pics, babe!):

Her letter to me:
Ive seen a lot of bands in my day, ironically I don't think I could remember 25 of them.. but Joe can cos he probley booked them.. and Some of them might of stayed at the house or your or they bolted upstairs downstairs.. I saw you listed pansy division... First off how many people even remember them.. and I will never forget them cos Of the video! and Doug and aaron (remember they shared a room ) were both asleep and those guys came up from your house and said "can we go in their room" and I was drinking on the couch and I said "sure " Thinking it would be a good laugh... well no one ever came out... weird!!!Actually I have a chest that I started putting stickers on when ever bands handed them out.. and I sometimes look at the chest (cos its in my daughters room as her toy box) and then I remember do you remember seeing Abbie(the bulldog not the pig) covered in fuckyou plaid retina stickers .???oh and you didin't even mention artless... You used to play the tape... the interview with the girl that likes to have sex with dogs... I should write Mykle board right now and make him remember or ask him for an updated tape..

On that note I have noticed that no 20 year olds in this day and age have any fun.. they think all my stories of my past are made up.. Like do you remember when we had "the guy" living with us???his name was craig and needless to say for years Doug , kathy, Aaron and I all chalked it up to "we must never be that drunk for so many days in a row " again. and to learn to ask questions!!!But i figure if writers are writing about it, It must of happened to other people and Doug, Aaron , Kathy and I are no longer to blame...

Craig AKA the guysort of moved in for a month... he just showed up one day and we all sort of saw him and let him stay... he would buy coffee and clean the kitchen.. he hung up posters and he would sleep in kathys bed since she was always staying with Eric in Hampton and living at the nsect club.. so when it was rent time ... and I was collecting I said "well Aaron and Doug I think your friend Craig should pay some of this since he has been living here for a month" kathy and I had already had our speech planned out together and they both looked at us in shock and said "we thought he was your friend!!" so instead of going out that night we stayed home to wait for craig to come home and ask him "who are you?" do you remember that? it was so funny.. when we got his story he had gone awal from the military and thought our place was a good place to hide out at... poor Craig . He had to meet all of us loonies,,, Steve coming up and making breakfast , a pig!! Vic..

hahaa, Oh my god! I just had a memory flash back.. one time vic was knocking at the door and I didn't feel like hanging out with him so i ran down the fire escape to hide and I came back 10 minutes later thinking he was gone and I saw that he had kidnapped you and you were stuck with him... hahhaaa he threw the stereo out the window.. and you asked the next morning "what went by my window last night crashing in the alley?" and I told you it was skylab... You should write me your memories then I can print out your letter and show it to my crew"see I am not some crazy old lady!!" they keep freaking out cos I have a myspace.. they say "thats like knowing my mom has a account" yeah but has your mom done lines of cocaine with Gibby haynes? "who?" never mind...

My letter to her:

I remember that guy who lived with you that nobody knew! That was hilarious. Wow, I didn't know that you guys were able to deter the landlord by letting him borrow CDs! Shucks. I keep thinking about the sheer volume of rent we would have saved had he just laid our disks all over the apartment. Then again I think that's how most of them got stolen anyway.

I remember the rest of the house was busy one night trying to wake Doug up by banging pots and pans. Remember that hole the landlord cut in your floor that lead through my ceiling into my apartment? You guys were always dropping weird shit down into my hallway. And then that night Doug got drunk and tried to squeeze his way into my apartment through the hole -- All I saw was these legs and hips dangling from my ceiling and Doug going "UUUUUUUGGGGHHHH!" and I was pulling from the legs and Monrovia was pulling from the arms... damn that was some funny shit.

Her letter to me:
Vic was hell bent on getting some harvey danger (was it harvey danger??/) song played on the radio.. Now back in those days the radio would not play just any old song... jerry springer came on at 2am for christ sake!!so Vic kept calling them and singing to who ever was picking up at 96X or what ever it was back then"hey play that song that goes harley david son of a bitch, I like girls that have big tits..." something like that its almost all a blur... and when they didn't play his song he chucked the radio out the window??? I was passed out by then... The pots and pans was a different night cos that was an all nighter... we all dosed ourselves with acid... and Paul had a cap gun that he kept shooting off... and in the morning we started hitting on pots and pans yelling "time for church" the windows were a bit high how could randy open a window hold the stero and up and out? that is still a mystery... so is sammys hair... Its 2007 and sams hair is still a mystery

I remember when we looked in the hole in the floor and called you and you came over and looked up at us and we squirted baby powder on your head..
and I remember joe coming up and looking at the pig and always calling him bacon..
and watching a drunk doug make midnight slop for the pig putting the plate of food on the fire escape and the pig would eat it and nudge the plate to the edge of the fire escape and it would fall down to yours and shatter..
screaming pig in the stairway, and lou forgetting where his aprtment was and creeping into my bed, then kathys then right on topp of christin on the couch... creepy so doug retaliated and spray painted FUCK YOU LOU right over the colley ave overpass...
and what happened the night when Doug and steve went to the top of farm fresh and threw the old peoples picnic table off the roof??? steve took pictures...
man those were fun crazy days,,,
ironically we burried Witt sounds so weird to type that.. and when we were young we would be walking home drunk and we would stop at the funeral home there on colonial by cogans and we would knock on the door and look in the windows trying to get in and be yelling "apartments for dead people" and wouldn't you know it his veiwing was right there at the apartment for dead people... crazy!!! really makes you think..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home