Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bodies In Motion

I guess I feel a little bad about not going to the Birdland Christmas party tonight. I had been thinking about it for several weeks, and even took off from work today to attend. Mike really wanted me to go, and Al was just over here trying to lure me out there with him, but.... guh. I dunno. Maybe I do feel kind of bad for not being able to patronize that place as often as I used to these days.

I grew up with that store. Their family has been friends with my family for as far back as I can remember. I bought nearly all my music there in the 80's and most of the 90's, and I am all for supporting local, family-owned enterprises. But these days, as poor as I am, I've been getting my music used, whenever I do. And I haven't bought music anywhere near as much as I used to back in the day. Right now that store is jammed with local supporters, and I would feel terribly guilty for showing up just for free food and drink, even if most of my old music scene friends are probably whoopin' it up out there.

I feel so.... sedentary. Maybe I'm making excuses, I can't tell. But this has to stop. Making excuses, that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home