Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I'm Really Tempted To Color It

I haven't been by Trilogy in probably a month. But I walk in today and the guys presented me with a very sweet surprise: A personally autographed copy of a sketch of Julie Martin, the protagonist to Terry Moore's comic series Echo, by Mr. Moore himself. Jerry from Trilogy was at the Baltimore comic con recently and saw Terry signing autographs, and one of the few things he knew about me coming in every week was that I used to buy all the Strangers In Paradise issues and now currently trying to keep up with Echo when I can. Funny thing is that after twenty-some years of shopping there I don't think they ever got to know my name, and Jerry called David (the other guy at the store) and asked if he could help him brainstorm my name, maybe recalling it from all the times I used my credit card there, and they somehow remembered "Melissa" and asked Terry Moore if he could sign a poster for one of their regular customers. So when I walked into the store this afternoon Jerry said, "Uh... Melissa?" and placed it in my hands as a gift. How awesome!

Thank you both, Jerry and David, my tag-team Santa Clauses. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home