Saturday, January 30, 2010

No Song, But It's Got A Boss Train Accident!

Video clip from WAVY-TV circa 1980 about the blizzard that I had mentioned below.



I just remembered another great snow moment. The time it really dumped on us back in the mid 90's when I was living over in Stockley Gardens in Norfolk. The Stockley Garden park behind my house was breathtaking. The old colonial homes and tall oaks covered in icicles and snow, rarely have I seen a more beautiful sight. The roads were practically empty of cars, and I remember Joe and Lou (back with "Lucifer" was living with Joe and Steve and me) pulling me by the arms while I skated awkwardly on my treadless combat boots -- the same ones I wore this morning -- on the icy abandoned side roads through the park. It was windless and silent, except for our laughter, and oftentimes my screams as I came close to falling often. But the guys held me up the whole way.

How disconnected I feel from that whole scene. Living in Ghent with the other artists and musicians and such. I suppose next decade when I start getting nostalgic for the 90's, it's Stockley Gardens covered in snow I'll remember the most.

Oh, and maybe Vic Demise falling down two flights of stairs at my apartment building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home