Saturday, January 23, 2010

UPDAAAATE!

I want to thank Aunt John from over at the magnificent Kindertrauma for chiming in on my last blog post about the film that I was looking for, which turned out to be the 1940 Shirley Temple film The Blue Bird. The following clip is the scene that I was talking about, and it's funny how much of this I remember -- the children playing ring-around-the-rosie, the discussion about the shoes (Holy crap the discussion about the shoes!), and.... wow, pretty much everything, except for the fact that Shirley Temple was in it. Not to mention Gale Sondergaard and Sterling Holloway...



And the parting of the two teenagers still breaks my heart so many years later.



But what's really funny is that a few days ago I was reading a post on Kindertrauma about The Blue Bird posted a mere few days ago and was just thinking about searching for it on netflix or something so that I might check it out myself, just because it looked so weird and cool. How hard would my wig have flipped if I had watched the film not knowing, and then this scene would pop up? I am already grateful for the heart attack that I've been spared for being braced for my childhood trauma coming back to haunt me ahead of time!

And I am extremely grateful for Aunt John and the rest of Kindertrauma for always coming through in finding my long-lost nightmare fodder. You guys rock my socks. Thank you again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home