Friday, February 19, 2010

Ahhhhhhh, Beep Beep!

The Friday Five:

1. What if your favorite piece of clothing and how does it make you feel?
Maybe not one pair in particular, but I love good quality, extra soft socks. My feet are sensitive, and I wear socks all the time, unless bathing or swimming. A good pair of fresh clean soft socks will make me go crosseyed with pleasure every time. I would love a pair of cashmere socks someday.

2. What was the most expensive article of clothing you ever bought?
Probably the suede fringed jacket I bought back in high school which I still have in my closet, but going through my "fat faze" at the moment I am unable to fit in it again. Sad to think that's the last real quality article of clothing I've bought in nth many years.

3. What is a current fashion trend you think look horrible?
I don't exactly keep up with trends, so I don't know what things are often called, specifically. But I hate those dresses I always see celebrity bimbos wear that looks kind of like a cross between Grecian mini thingys and maternity wear. Not so much that it's ugly but that everybody seemed to be wearing it to the point of cloning themselves over and over, with straight-ironed hair to match. It looked like folks were going out in their nightgowns while wobbling around like newborn foals in stiletto heels.

4. What decade do you think had the best clothes?
I love the 1920's. Women started experimenting with more tailored men's clothing. A lot of great gender-bending going on. And I'm a sucker for a man in a one-piece seersucker bathing suit and a straw boater hat.

5. If you friends/family could throw away a single piece of your clothing, which do you think it would be and why?
MY OLD SOCKS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home