Monday, February 08, 2010

No Hiding Place

Leave it to Kindertrauma to kick more ass! I had been looking for the name of the short sci-fi film that they used to show on HBO all the time back in the 1980's about a boy from Earth who moved to a planet of neverending rain fall, and it turns out to be a Ray Bradbury short story called All Summer In A Day. The link provides youtube clips of the short film itself. Damn, my teenage years have really been coming back to haunt me in the last few months. Or at least, more so than usual.

I'm feeling sick this morning. I've been on a crazy-lady refined sugar eating binge in the last 48 hours that's been impossible to conquer. Now I've been up since four in the morning wanting more sugar like a crackhead. And I don't keep sugar in the house, and I am fighting the urge to walk over to the 7-Eleven on the corner, or wait until 6am when the grocery store across the street opens. God help me, I have never known a hunger pain that didn't result in me wanting to heave over the nearest toilet. Joe told me once that hunger pains aren't supposed to feel that way. But I have always gotten nauseous during even the slightest twinge of hunger in my belly, though usually I drink a lot of water to stave it off for a spell. The Metformin I take really helps with hunger, but sometimes like it's been this week it's as if nothing works, no matter what I try or do. All this Robitussin on an empty stomach doesn't exactly do me any favors either.

Maybe there's still some leftover vegetarian pizza from last night's "Superbowl party" at work this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home