Sunday, May 02, 2010

She Lives

Haven't blogged in awhile. Not much to report, I suppose. Which hasn't stopped me before, I know. With my plantar fasiitis acting up again I don't do much but bite the bullet at work and then moan and groan at home, dreading the inevitable cortisone shot I'm going to need to get this taken care of. Not that those things always work. My friend Mike just had one in his spine for a slipped disk that had been causing pain in his left leg, and now it seems the pain has shifted to a whole new area. But then again my dad had a shot for his heel spurs years ago and it cured him completely. But in essence this pain I'm having has kept me from doing much during these glorious early spring weeks. I passed up going to see Equus last night, and Phillip Roebuck at Zen's, not because my feet were hurting so bad at the time but for fear that my feet would tear and throb and keep me from working the next day. I guess it needs to be done. Fears of walking or standing can't keep me from living, as hilariously dramatic as that sounds. But it's kinda true. Plus I don't want to deal with physical therapy again. I think I'll take the needle over that!

The good news is that I'm losing weight again. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks but I can feel it in my carriage, and that does wonders for my overall attitude, to be able to perambulate normally without all the huffin' 'n puffin', or at least I will once I take care of my foot issue. I'm considering joining the rec center again, to swim laps in a large pool that doesn't require watching out for children at my rinkydink community pool. Warm weather brings on urges for exercise and clean living, for eating nothing but fruit and sushi and power walking with my iPod again. Of course, not until my feet are lopped off, finally. Then I can flounder down the street like a flippin' mermaid. UNLESS! I get me a pair of these, which I admit if I were legless or footless I would kick ass. Plus, imagine kicking someone's ass with them! BOOOING!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home