Thursday, June 24, 2010

And Don't Forget The Pointy Boots

Eh, meh, feh.... yeah, maybe I'll go see Southern Culture On The Skids tomorrow night at the Jewish Mother. Heck at this rate it might be the last time I see anything at Jewmom's before that whole corner gets bulldozed. I'd heard rumor that when Elizabeth Taylor was married to John Warner see choked on a chicken bone at that restaurant, which John Belushi soon satirized on the Weekend Update segment of Saturday Night Live. And you used to be able to write and draw on the walls in crayons until they tore all that down. I had drawn a fist-sized picture of one of my cartoon characters in the far corner of one end of the dining room years ago. And I met Fred Wesley, Peewee Ellis, and Maceo Parker up in the attic of that place some fifteen years ago. Anyway, it's all getting knocked down soon, making room for more Yuppie fare, no doubt. But I had practically written off the show until I got an email from Rose asking me if I was going to be there, and I figure well, it may be my last time. Plus I haven't seen the Skids in an even longer amount of time. Looks like Erin's gonna be there, too. I remember when the band was staying at her apartment upstairs from mine and they threw her cat off the fire escape. I guess that means bygones are bygones!



Enjoy a little southern culture. Beehive hairdos and Mexican wrestlers. Washboards, camel-walking, and too much pork for just one fork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home