Friday, July 09, 2010

The Age Of Innocence

I remember this commercial vividly running every Saturday morning in between cartoons and American Bandstand right around the time when The Empire Strikes Back was about to be released, and my friend Lara was already super hardcore into Boba Fett, even though she knew nothing about him except that she really wanted his Underoos. Funny how when we finally went to see the movie together Lara got so mad at Boba Fett for freezing Han Solo in carbonite that when there was a close-up of him walking past the screen Lara screamed, jumped to her feet and threw her flop-flop at the movie screen. Christ, I laughed so hard.

Anyway, yeah, kids prancing about in their underwear. And I still laugh like an eleven year old every time the girl that sings "And R2D2 just makes me smile!" sounds like she rips a fart. Good times.

2 Comments:

Blogger James said...

This one still haunts my childhood memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q98WrVhaTg

4:53 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Oh my God, my brother and I were just talking about this commercial the other day! Man, I kinda wish I was one of those kids in that room with CNR. Going through take after epic take!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home