Thursday, July 15, 2010

Into The Gap

Does anybody remember the Thompson Twins Adventure home computer game that came out in 1984? Hopefully I'm not the only one who hasn't, although now that I've played a retro version of it at World Of Spectrum I kinda wish I hadn't. Apparently one of their albums that came out around that time -- and although I probably have it I couldn't tell you which -- had some kind of code where if you taped the record to a cassette and did something and then did, uh, something else I guess you could play some shoddily made "adventure" game by telling the Twins where to go, so long as you knew sort of what to type (and "to hell" didn't work for me). Anyway, craptastic as it is, I'm kind of... addicted. Mostly because I perversely want to see where this is all heading, though I'm certain that it is ultimately nothing good. Then again I'm the nerd that actually enjoyed playing both the Journey video arcade game AND the Atari 2600 home game.

2 Comments:

Blogger James said...

I missed that one somehow. I think at that time I was splitting my gaming time between my TI computer and the neighborhood arcades.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I think I was taking computer classes around then, learning DOS and such, on TANDY computers! But I'm guess 1984 was still the era of neighborhood arcades and my Atari 2600 and Colecovision as well.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home