Friday, September 24, 2010

As She Lives And Breathes

Been feeling drained all week. Depression from lack of money and has caused me to gain weight and put more wear and tear on my heel spurs and bad knee when I'm at work, so I am taking a four day weekend to relax and regain my strength -- rest my legs, nap, shake this fluish feeling I've been having, and maybe go to Outer Banks this Sunday, depending on how much money I'll have and how Joe will be feeling at the time. Yesterday was my father's 67th birthday and all through dinner I was nodding off and wound up crashing early last night, as if I had just run a marathon. It seems my body just wants something... don't know what, something that will help it heal whatever the problem is. So I have been allowing myself to eat and sleep whenever my body demands it, which seems like too of both, but maybe it's what I need right now. And maybe a day out of town with friend's at Alvin's aunt's beach house in Kill Devil Hills will snap me back into the waking world, although I'm hoping the house won't be filled with drunks by the time I get there. We're generally not a hard-partyin' lot, but some of the people who will be there this weekend who are guests of our regular inner circle have been known to be. I have heard that last year's bacchanal was just a smidge south of... uh, epic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home