Thursday, August 18, 2005

Unfinished Business

Got this swell burn from Chris G. last night of the M.I.A. (Maya Arul) debut Arular, which another girl at work has been hypin' to me for several months when she had it up on her feature rack. Supposedly very interesting tonal dance rhythms and "world" beat mixtures and multilingual vocals, and Chris says she's been used in mash-ups -- pretty good schtuff, so I hear! I just loaded this into my iPod late last night so I'll be giving this one a spin this week while I'm out and about on the town.

Oh yes, more happy accident hilarity: Just got back from having my car photographed at the insurance claims department, and he did detect a small ding in the center of my front bumper along with the minor paint scrapes. Says that it can be repaired with heat lamps to melt and mold the bumper back into place, providing that there isn't any further functional damage beneath the bumper itself. He can cover about 80% of the cost, and the 20% is for me. I have a $100 deductible so it will probably come to about $138 or around that. Meanwhile I gotta call and check on the status of the case tomorrow and see where the other woman is going with her injury claim before I take it in.

Meh. If it ain't one thing.

Oh and speaking of which, the bathing suit I ordered online is NOW out of stock! Merde. It will be frikkin' December before I get to swim again.

Alrighty enough of my crabbin'. Thank you again for the disk, Chris! Hope you get a little bit of enjoyment out of that Daido Mariyama photo book I loaned you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home