Friday, September 01, 2006

Underwater Boogie

We appear to be getting a hurry-cane. Or some such variant. No major winds yet but it's been pouring all night, and apparently flooding, as evidenced by my boyfriend who had to open his store this morning came barging back into the house an hour or so after he left soaked to the bone because his Taurus stalled out in the flood on the corner of Lynnhaven and Primrose Avenue and he had to hike the 3 miles back in the downpour. He said when he opened his car door to get out the water just came pouring in, so I can only imagine how it's going to look later today when things get worse. He said there were several other cars stalled out along the same road as well. But his district manager is coming by later in his SUV to carry Joe to work, which really burns my britches that they're still considering trying to open the store today, but the thing with video stores that they do twice the business on days of inclement weather that they do on nice days so they're losing money by the minute for every passing moment their doors aren't open. I'm surprised my store hasn't tried to call me in today, since I lucked out in having the day off (I've been getting Friday's off pretty regularly these days). Gah! Now Joe just took off with my credit card with the tower man because he can't find Joe's car out there. Argh, what a morning. I'm not letting Joe sleep at the store tonight, like he was thinking of doing since he has to open again tomorrow. I will go get him myself and I don't care how high the water is by then. I get the feeling most of this will have run off by later tonight anyway. Well, here's to hoping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home