Monday, August 28, 2006

How Did It Go?

Okay, not... as bad as I was expecting. Things may be bleak, but our doors aren't closing anytime soon. The boss lady was optimistic, at least. I received a lot of unsolicited positive feedback from everyone, which helped put me immediately at ease with the way I've been handling myself in my new position. And I've been put permanently in charge of used product, which pleases me, since that is my pet area in particular and I have about 1,001 ideas for improving sales in that department that I just need greenlit. I'm going to type out a detailed proposal here at home this week to present to my boss on all the projects I've been hatching secretly in my brain that I think may ultimately boost revenue, seeing as how used product is practically 100% profit on store level as it is. Don't know how much it will help in the long run, but at least it's something.

I am utterly nauseous today, but I still need to go into work tonight, seeing as I managed to drag myself into the meeting at 8am this morning. Just the sight of all the fruit, cheese, and bagels that my boss laid out for us was making my gills turn green. I was hungry when I got home, but now I'm feeling stomach-achy all over again. I guess that was the ucky sensation in my belly this morning, instead of nerves (or on top of nerves). Gonna go lay down for awhile.

Thanks again for puttin' up with me, fellas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home