Saturday, March 31, 2007

Freaky With A Side Of Deaky

Ahhhhh... ackkkk-k-k-kkk (choke, sputter)

Cowboy Mouth is going to be at the House Of Blues in Vegas tomorrow night.

Yes, with Vance.

And I just printed out my tickets for Joe and me.

I didn't even realize they were going to be there until today, and quite frankly the thought never even occurred to me to check. I am seriously off my Vance radar these days, where I once knew pretty much where he was at every second of the day in whatever corner of the country he may be (strictly in a non-stalkerish way, of course). And now here he is and there he will be. And we should have time to see him since once we get there we're going to Sam's Town to see the Wrestlemania pay-per-view, which is something Joe really wants to do, and then have time to hop over to the House Of Blues for Cowboy Mouth, which is obviously what I want to do but Joe is hip to it as well since he's actually seen the pre-Vance incarnation of the band live years ago and said that they were fantastic live, so he's up for that.

Holla.

I'll leave you now with another bit of video nostalgia that I'm pleased to have just found on Youtube this evening. Years ago, we're talking early 80's, we used to have a local music video TV program hosted by resident veteran disc jockey Mike Arlo that came on Sunday evenings, and I remember one night sitting in the dark watching his show I saw this video, "Draw Of The Cards" by Kim Carnes. The video starts out a little surreal and gets increasingly more surreal as it progresses, but right at the end (starting at 3:40, or the last 50 seconds of the clip)) this monster with freakishly long arms and tongue chases her down in a dark alley and damn if that didn't scare the pants offa my 13-year-old ass. And I thought about that video for years until finally seeing it again tonight since that one night it aired back on Arlo's show. Anyway, skip to that part of you want to. Maybe somebody can explain to me exactly what it all means.


1 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

Since you brought up Arlo, I have to bring up the obligatory "byycicle!" he does when he signs off for the afternoon.

>>here I once knew pretty much where he was at every second of the day in whatever corner of the country he may be (strictly in a non-stalkerish way, of course).<<

I know, we were pretty much neck and neck about knowing where he was for a while.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home