Saturday, September 15, 2007

Heave, Ho

Friday Five:



1. What was the most sick that you've ever been?
I suppose I've had moments where whatever I typically get every now and then was worse than it would have normally been. Besides my annual Death Cough (being particularly gruesome this year) and maybe that time I was vomiting for three days straight after I had my wisdom teeth out, maybe the worst I can recall in recent times was when I thought I had strep throat back around New Years, and since it wasn't strep the antibiotics didn't help and it was like having raging strep for a week and a half, which was unspeakably uncomfortable to say the least. When one doctor prescribed me painkillers I took so many just trying to kill the pain I got sick off of those as well. It went away the day after New Years' Day, but was followed immediately by the Death Cough. Anyway, I've basically lucked out in the X-treme germ department. Nothing that bad has happened to me as far as bone breaks or leprosy or whatever it was Joe had when he was six where they had to burn all his clothes and toys. I do get a gnarly case of "spring fever" about once a year. So bad I often have to call out from work. That gets pretty debilitating.




2. What disease are you afraid of getting?
Anything that makes me so delirious I throw out all my albums and vote Republican.




3. Are you a big baby when it comes to taking medicine/shots for your illnesses?
My father and I were both in the running for Queen Wuss In All Of Wussville when it came to getting shots or even just blood drawn, since we are both wildly phobic about needles in general. He actually has to lay down on the floor sometimes to have it done in case he might faint. I'm much better at handling it, so long as I don't look at the needle going in. As far as mind-altering meds, bring it owwwn. Just don't shoot it in me.




4. Is going to the doctor really THAT bad?
It's not bad at all. Just a drag, really. My $20 co-pay could be better spent on more mind-altering panaceas. Anything that puts me a nice long healing coma should be good for what ails me.




5. Would you have the flu twice a month if you were paid $1,000 for having it?
I spend about that much in cough and cold and flu medicines a month one on flu at a time, considering that my Death Cough always comes immediately after. No thanks, Chester.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what brought this morbid list of questions on, Madam?

El Gee

11:26 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Oh that's just the weekly Friday Five. They can get pretty dark sometimes. Teengers, and whatnot.

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teenagers?

Meh!

El Gee ;-)

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home