Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Whatever Gets Me Through The Night

What an ucky morning.

Maybe it was the dose of metformin I took. Maybe it was the fact that I've been taking 1000 milligrams of the shit every day for the last week instead of my usual 500, but I was in so much pain this a.m. shortly after taking my morning dose I was outright doubled over and wailing, thinking that I was going to have to drive myself to the doctor, and Brian must have thought I was being axe murdered when I called in at work to call out. Crap, and Hunter was supposed to come in this afternoon to pick up the used copy of Rogue's Gallery that I put on hold for her. I hope those nitwits at work don't put it back out on the shelf again. As popular as that compilation is these days I can't see us getting a cheapie back in again, buybacks or no. I guess I'll phone her later and let her know.

Feeling a touch better now, although that could be the Advil talking. I will say one thing; the doctor's advice about taking two doses of metformin a day instead of one has really has helped to do miracles in curbing my irrepressible hunger, and if you know me you know what a bottomless pit I am so this indeed is quite a moment for the history books. I ate this morning, no matter how much I didn't want to (mainly because of the pains) to hopefully take care of what I thought was maybe an overdose of metformin so I treated it like an insulin overdose and ate some chocolate that Joe gave me since I don't keep sugary stuff on my side of the pantry. So I am making sure to eat. In fact I was quite hungry when I got home from a stressful night at work and still had no intention of eating anything since I had points'd out for the day, but I arrived finding Al and Mike and Cindy in my living room eating popcorn so I indulged in a bit (okay, a lot) of that along with them just to be all sociable-like. But overall this week has been amazing by the book. And it's been encouraging. I feel my energy returning. I feel the need to not sleep so much. And I think I've eliminated the urge for sugar, in an oddly roundabout way that didn't involve Atkins in the least. Of course now I just have a heck of a lot of bellular (S.'s old term for describing any ailment that involved the "belly") angst to show for it.

Then again after a night like the last two nights at work, I might just be having an allergic reaction to being there. Man, that's another whole blog post for another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home