Thursday, November 08, 2007

Curiouser And Curiouser

I don't know why this made me laugh, but somebody stole this CD from my store yesterday...

As in they ripped into it, tore off the sealing, ganked the disk, and left the jewel case stuck between some Rodney Carrington CDs in the comedy section. Boy, somebody really wanted to hear Don Rickles. Speaking! But apparently not wanting the crude cock-sucking gesture album cover to go with it. I saw Rickles live in Vegas and he told me that I had "Alice In Wonderland hair" and that I should get rid of it because I was over forty years old. Believe me, compared to everyone else in the room, I was mercifully spared.
I feel really good. Yes, I just said that. For the first time in over a year I'm feeling healthy, losing weight, regaining my energy, and most importantly, I am no longer suffering from my usual faux-narcolepsy insulin resistance falling over face-first drowsies that kept me on a perpetual coffee buzz at work and then pass out at home with sadly no life to speak of. I don't know how much I've lost, but I feel my pants starting to go lowrider on me, and as unlovely a sight that must be to see it's still a welcome relief from the direction I was heading before. I feel awake and alive. Wonderfully alert. I remember how this used to feel. I missed it terribly. I don't ever want to lose this feeling again.
Time for power walkies. Pet me! I've been a goooooood girl!

2 Comments:

Blogger x said...

Regards to the Rickles, it was a couple of skate rats using samples from it to make their own idie record like in the film Hi-Fidelity. Sheesh, ya hockey puck.
It's groovy to hear about your good health upswing. Keep it up girl!

8:49 PM  
Blogger x said...

er...that comment above is me by the way. (Now who's the hockey puck?)

cpg

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home