Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's Become Somewhat Of A Tradition...

Whenever a new person comes over to visit in my home, they are first and foremost initiated into the fold by being made to watch this video clip:




This comes from an episode of our DVD box set to Buck Rogers, a subversive "space rocker" band named Andromeda that surely must be experienced to be believed. Nertz, I wish this particular clip wasn't so dark, but the visuals are pretty darn special. My favorite is the dude totally getting down in the background, waving his hands over a board of, um.... lights? A theremin? Of the fuuuuuuuture? And how cool is Milt Jackson over there on the right just beboppin' away on the crystals that Superman uses to contact his dead dad?



And this clip comes at the end of the episode, which Mike says sounds like Devo struggling to seque into Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein". And dig that craaaazy dancing the youth of the future bust a move to with the Christmas lights and the bad wedge haircuts and the Gil Gerard chest hair and the AHOY-HOY! My God, I actually used to watch this show.

Anyway, come up and see me sometime. I'll make tea.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's on youtube now!!

>>sounds like Devo struggling to seque into Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein". <<

I've alwasys thought this. Like Frankenstein + styx's renegade.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home