Sunday, February 24, 2008

Eat That Question

So I did catch a bit of a Death Cough. Not exactly the death-strain, but annoying enough to where I still need to carry around a pocket full of Hall's cough drops when the urge does emerge. If I can just maintain this level and ride it out until the end then maybe it won't evolve into full-on chest-exploding unpleasantry, and avoid another doctor's visit and make it some kind of amazing record time in which I haven't set foot in a doctor's office for one sodding reason or another. Overall it could be worse, and that's what I keep telling myself. As much as I enjoy the beautiful Ashley's company at these affairs I'm slightly relieved that she didn't make it out to brunch this morning since she brought the promise of her 105 (???) degree temperature and sniffles and me back on the salt water again. To which I reply, no thanks. Brunch was delicious, however. I have heard a lot of talk about Brutti's by several locals as being pretty darn scrumptious and I couldn't agree more. And only Alvin, Mike, and Cindy showed up so that means the three of them are invited over tonight for my Oscar Party -- not that we're really big celebrants of the Oscars but it gives us an excuse to hang out and eat leftover Girlscout cookies and clap for the montage of dead celebrities before we get in a game or two of Buzz. And maybe Cindy will wear the velvet pants that we all love to caress. Now that's a party.

Cindy has never heard of The Fall. She was wondering if they were anything as good as The Fixx, to which we replied by falling over and croaking with our feet straight up in the air and giant daises growing out of our chests.

Holy... was that a gunshot I heard out in the street just now? Yikes, I need to go investigate. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home