Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Hips Tits Lips Power

You don't know how long I've been looking for this.

Do they even show this in schools anymore? When I was in 5th grade I was attending a private collegiate school and I remember we gals got to sit in our desks and watch this filmstrip on the projector while all the boys had to go to the gymnasium and do sit-ups with the principal. And if I remember correctly, the film presented more questions for me than answers. Um, especially that scene with the girl riding the horse. And my first, innocent glimpse of a naked, nippleless cartoon girl in the shower. Oh, the nascent stirrings. Oh, the nightmare fuel.




So for all those budding young lads all over Red-Blooded (that's right eww hee!) America that missed out on seeing one of the most important Disney films of the 20th Century, may I finally present to you The Story Of Menstruation from Walt Disney productions, circa 1946. Put on your thinking caps, boys! And be prepared for some good old-fashioned edumacation. And maybe a little trauma. It might make you wanna run and go do a bunch of sit-ups after all.

By the way, that woman narrating sounds annoyingly familiar. Anybody got any idears?

4 Comments:

Blogger MostPeopleAreBlank said...

Who knew Disney was saying "Vagina" in a cartoon 60 years before South Park! Wild Stuff! Were women really told they shouldn't take a bath or shower while on their period back in the day?!?

9:52 PM  
Blogger MostPeopleAreBlank said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

You know, I remember that thing about taking showers sooooo vividly throughout my life from that one single viewing of this filmstrip back in, I guess, 1978 or 79, that to this day I still take lukewarm showers when I'm on my monthly cycle. And I know it's probably ridiculous, but it just demonstrates the power of the allmighty Disney propaganda machine on the children of America. At least this one didn't have sappy songs by Tim Rice and Elton John.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of these days, I'm going to look up the captain condom one the boys got to watch in middle school.

There was also a rumor that the guys watched one on how to masturbate.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home