Wednesday, August 27, 2008

She Cracked

So due to work scheduling conflicts it appears that I will not be attending the Regurgitation Tour tomorrow night, which is just as well I suppose. Nothing makes me feel older, and dorkier, than sitting with a bunch of other middle-agesters watching Naked Eyes sing a Burt Bacharach song and then leave the stage. I think it would at least be mildly amusing if they did somebody else's big hit single from the 80's instead of their own. Like Naked Eyes surprises everyone and sings, like, "I Ran" by A Flock Of Seagulls and then leaves that stage. Then A Flock Of Seagulls comes on stage and goes, "Eh, erm... well, we got nuthin'. HAVE A GOOD NIGHT PORTSMOUTH!" And that would be a good night. A very good night indeed. Plus, I've already seen A Flock Of Seagulls, back when they opened for The Go-Go's in 1982. And now it's just Belinda Carlisle this time around, and I hate her solo stuff with the heat of a thousand eardrums exploding. Maybe she should sing "Always Something There To Remind Me" instead, right before the Naked Eyes set. See? If people only did things more my way than theirs.

But I do have tickets for something else Friday night... YAYSSSS!



Sometimes... sometimes, the 1980's did have some pretty wicked shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home