Saturday, October 11, 2008

Straight, No Chaser

Something I forgot to mention the other day -- I actually won the raffle from last week's Monsterfest! I zipped down to the library this morning to pick it up and finally dig around through the fake cobweb netting that was holding everything in, and preventing snoopy types like Hunter and me poking at it curiously during the film festival. Over $400 of Halloween goodness donated by Nightmare Mansion down at the beach. Arm and a leg (pictured above) indeed.


Included in the basket are $40 worth of grub at Giovanni's Pizza, which is cool because I have actually never eaten there.


A DVD copy of The Amityville Horror, which is also cool because I don't own one.


And of course assorted gift certificates to Nightmare Mansion as well as the annual Haunted Hayride, wacky toys, plastic bugs that made rooting through the basket scarier than any severed limbs or vampire fangs (fat free, it says on the front!), and more gory candy than I can possibly know what to do with. There's no way I can eat this much candy or even want to, so unless Joe wants some of it or to bring some with him to work, I may give a bunch of this stuff out to the trick-or-treaters at Halloween. I guess I do feel compelled to top ourselves after Joe gave out random cans of soda last year. If kids thought that was a hit, wait 'til they get themselves a drip bag of cherry-flavored blood in their sacks. It's never too soon to teach our children about the inherent joys of yummy, fun, fruity human flesh.

I'm keepin' the bag 'o zombies. That should just go without sayin'.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like your luck's starting to change for the better?

Lloydie x

5:38 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Maybe I need to go buy lottery tickets for the first time in my life!

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a minute as I was scrolling I thought they slipped in old skool $10 bills and I got a little excited.

---

I get so damn giddy whenever I get an old $10, $20, $50, $100 from the late 90's before they changed the bills.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home