Sunday, November 09, 2008

Hideout In The Sun

I had the most beautiful dream this afternoon, where Jack Stehlin came looking for me here in my hometown, coming through the state to visit family in Woodbridge but stopped by down south to track me down, oddly at my parents' house as opposed to my townhouse in VB -- and luckily enough I was just leaving after visiting my mother and heading off to work. Jack was handsome and charming as ever, although his hair had been done up in this appalling wispy blond shoulder-length pageboy. When meeting my mother he picked her up and spun her around, snogging her hard on the mouth, which I think put her off a touch. Then he came inside and had bagels with my brother, which wasn't expected because I don't think my brother eats bagels, or at least I have never seen him eat one that I can recall.


At some point as we were walking outside of the house Jack told me that he had to go do some things around town but would be back to see"our club" tonight. I don't ever recall in real life telling Jack that Joe and I had a nightclub, and I don't remember if Joe was still DJing at Peabody's when I met Jack in 2005 -- but as I was about to tell him that we were no longer associated with any club he segued into a conversation about how last time he was this way "in 2004" he noticed that all of the FYE stores were closing down in this area, and before he could get any further with the possibility of offering me a job with him back in Los Angeles, my mother walked up to us with a folder full of papers and was asking Jack if his real name was "George" and if he was related to someone that she knew. I was about to steer the conversation back to Jack offering me a new job but at that very moment, in real life, Joe walked into the bedroom where I was sleeping and turned on the DVD player, jolting me from my slumber. Jack! Jack, come back to me, Jack! Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

So I guess I'll never find out if Jack Stehlin has a new career opportunity for me out there. Unless I suppose I actually do email him or his wife and see if they have an opening for a graphic artist at the Circus Theatricals or someone to sweep up after productions or applause sign holder or something. Be nice to live so close to wemblee, not to mention Amoeba Records, or slip on over to the valley to watch Steve Holmes work and all the other hilarious opportunities of, well, hilarity that Cali has to offer. But all this dream did was manifest my fears and anxiety about searching for a new job over the last few weeks, and feeling the heat about it especially after a few more things about my job have come to light. I was up late last night stressing, sometimes crying, sometimes trying to go to sleep and sometimes getting up and puttering around the house, nervous about a job interview this week that I have a feeling I won't be able to do, and just overall wishing that this all didn't feel like one big nasty one-sided breakup. I actually had such a good time, doing something that I enjoyed. I realize that it can't always be that way forever, but damn, it sure was a fun time while it lasted.

But at least I had a lovely, thoroughly unprovoked dream about Jack. And even better, he was offering me a job. And unlikely as that scenario could be, it gives me a pleasant twinge 'o hope that maybe things can happen out there for the positive. Plus, need I say Jack? *drool*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home