Saturday, February 14, 2009

Personal Effects

I wish I knew why I was so sick all the time.

Every day for nearly a week, it's been either agonizing cramps or (like yesterday) queasiness and nausea... or just a general inability to get off the throne for days on end (like this morning, as a result from yesterday).

How can this be my diet? How can eating fresh fruits and vegetables be bad for you? I even broke down last night and ate a pint of ice cream, just to see how my body handled junk food again, and I still felt sick, only this time with dairy and sugar on the stomach, which is worse.

Yesterday I felt sick after eating a raw lunch from The Heritage of eggplant parmesan (the "cheese" made primarily out of cashews) so I'm wondering if it was some type of food poisoning. This all makes me realize how much I need to get back to basics with all this, like it was when I first started out doing the raw/vegan thing: Keep it simple. No more fancy this-and-that's. "Mono meals", as the rawists call them. Bananas for breakfast. Broccoli for lunch. Etc. etc. That seemed to work best for me in the early weeks, and quite frankly I kind of missed it.

I feel okay this morning, aside from running to the ladies room a lot due to being sick yesterday. At least I don't have to call out from work, which I was dreading since they took away my sick days. I just don't want this sick thing to become the daily habit that it already is. I don't want to be sick when I'm in Austin next week. I wish I knew who to go to about these things who would know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home