Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Booker Tease

It's always so difficult getting back on my feet financially since they took away my full time benefits. Not only are my hours cut back, but not getting paid for vacations paaaains me when I get back from Austin and have to sell my favorite stuff just to make my mortgage payments. Had to sell my beloved Kate Bush box set, which I just bought a few weeks ago. Plus my box set of the early films of Alan Clarke (sob), my first season of Little Britain which I haven't even watched yet, my Popeye cartoons from the 1930's, and my Fassbinder box set, which was a big ole punch to the gut. And speaking of gut, it hasn't hurt in two days. In mean, it was just a little twitchy this afternoon, but nothing too concerning. But this is some kind of record, since I haven't stopped hurting since the Thursday I got back from Texas. Shouldn't hold my breath, however. But I did treat myself to a Godiva hot cocoa from the Barnes & Noble cafe this morning -- yes, with hot milk -- but I can put off the vegan thing every once in awhile if it helps me stay off coffee, which I imagine would be worse for my stomach than chocolate. And I was able to wander around sipping my drink without fear of doubling over, perusing the science fiction section with my typical air of exasperation for the corporation that I continue to mindlessly fund. Fuck a buncha Barnes & Noble that has a sci-fi section without Olaf Stapledon. Not like I could afford a new book right this moment anyway. Not when I have to sell Kate Bush to keep a check from bouncing.

I guess there's a brunch tomorrow morning with the usual brunch bunch out in Great Bridge. One of our fellows' birthday is tonight but his party was cancelled because he has a gig this evening. But I suppose this impromptu brunch is in honor of him. Can I tempt fate one more day and eat breakfast tomorrow? God, I miss fruit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home