Friday, May 22, 2009

The Weird Is Yet To Come

I think I've finally gotten myself back into "raw mode" with my diet once more, to the point where once I've crossed over that impossible first hurdle during that impossible first detox week I've finally shed myself of the urge for meat, dairy products, and refined sugars -- although I did crave a Godiva hot cocoa from Starbucks this afternoon, but managed to stave it off with some Goraw brand chocolate super cookies, just two or three to take the edge off the need a smidge. And it worked! I did really good today, and I'm hella proud of myself.

Actually since my stomach pains have subsided for the time being it really hasn't been that hard to get back into vegan raw, though I'm hardly one of those 100 percenters and may likely never will be. But that's not important. It's like what the nutritionist at the Heritage told me last month, that it's not so much about going raw or vegan or anything extreme. It's about balance, and finding out what's good for each individual and what brings each person optimum health. And I haven't made plans to be raw every day of my life. In fact this afternoon I had a small piece of roasted salmon with roasted brussels sprouts and asparagus for lunch. Not that in no way negates the raspberry/banana smoothie I had for breakfast, or the kale salad with hemp seeds and red peppers I had for dinner. And I may indulge in some parmesan cheese once or twice a week, depending on how often I crave my Bionature pasta (I used to eat this stuff by the bagfull but I have somewhat lost the taste for it since my stomach problems). And of course I can still brunch with my bunch once or twice a month and have anything I want at least one day a week. The key, I think, is to incorporate as much raw fruit and vegetables into my daily diet as possible, even if it's something as simple as lettuce and tomato on my hamburger.

And I already feel myself losing weight. Not that I look as if I've lost weight, but the important thing is that I can feel it on my body, and it's not quite significant enough but it's just enough to keep me encouraged.

And I don't feel that sugar crash that comes from refined sugar binging, where I get monstrously depressed and sleepy. In fact I've felt pretty darn super these last two weeks, and less hungry overall because I'm filling my body with nutrition instead of merely food. Although I am mighty famished tonight. But not painfully so. I can sleep well tonight and look forward to a half a watermelon in the fridge for breakfast tomorrow morning... ah, it's the little things in life, isn't it?

Now I just have all these medical bills I have to pay. Mother Of God, when I do the math I'm probably worth more dead than alive. Well, I haven't resorted to that quite yet, but I'll let ya know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home