Friday, February 26, 2010

Game Is My Middle Name

The Friday Five:

1) What's your favorite magazine?
Most of my favorites don't exist anymore, like Spy, which for awhile I bought religiously. But probably my most influential magazine was a briefly run zine in the early to mid 90's called Subliminal Tattoos, which was more of a glossy DIY zine that was actually sold in places in Barnes & Noble. Music, movies, comix, politics. Without it, I would have never learned of the likes of Keiji Haino and Django Reinhardt or started reading Strangers In Paradise.

2) What book are you currently reading?
Re-reading The Sun Also Rises, which I haven't picked up in ages. It was given to me by a very close old friend who told me that it was her favorite book of all time, and it makes me think of her more than imagining what Paris in the 1920's must have been like.

3) What's the worst book you ever read?
I would say that Klaus Kinski's legendarily controversial autobiography was probably one of the worst, although in a way its badness also makes it extraordinary. So if you can get through thin tome of somebody practically shouting on each page, "I DID A MOVIE! IT WAS A PIECE OF SHIT! THERE WAS AN ACTRESS IN IT. I FUCKED HER!" over and over then I have a little summer reading for you to do on the beach this year.

4) What makes a book perfect for you?
It holds my attention.

5) If you could buy any book right now, which one would it be?
Probably one that has not been written yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home