Sunday, August 08, 2010

All The Fun In The World

Alright I'll lay off the video clips, I promise, but this was kind of a big deal for me about eight years ago when I was trying to get a hold of this music video by the early 80's New Orleans local band The Backbeats, which featured Paul Sanchez and drummer Fred LeBlanc, who would later go on to form Cowboy Mouth, and Vance DeGeneres (Ellen's brother). But most notably this video was directed by a young film school student named Steve Soderbergh.



An online friend of mine had gone to college with Larry Blake, who is Soderbergh's long-time sound editor, and gave me his contact information in order to see if this video was or will ever be available to the public. Larry is extremely nice and personable and we exchanged many lovely conversations, and he told me that they had only just ran across this old video in their library, but I guess they never got around to releasing it. Keep in mind that this was before the era of youtube, and now here it is, finally online. Can I get a "Mmmmmmm VANCE!"? Hubba hubba!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home