Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Last Visible Dog

So there's a good chance our new closing date will be next Wednesday. Maybe its not too late to get my boss to pencil me in... er, out of the store that day. Maybe I should even ask for both days off, just in case.

I think the thing that's bothering me the most right now is the whole intangibility of the situation, of the house being just thisclose to being within reach. Joe's Uncle Steve, whom we have been calling back and forth for most of our advice (he is the resident investment advice columnist in Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine) and he mentioned that sometimes sellers will try to take the house back and put it up for sale again when the closing date get delayed, so we are struggling with that potential possibility at the moment. I'm just so invested in this place -- emotionally invested, so to speak, that it would be pretty horrible to lose it all now over something as minor as waiting five days for the gift money check to clear the bank.

But I'm thinking positive. It's basically my nature to always think positively. But I do tend to get a tad wiggy when I don't feel like I have a firm controlling grip on the situation. And I sometimes have a hard time letting things go. But I'm convinced that this won't happen here.

Sigh. Oh well. Now for a little change of topic, these have to be two of the strangest one-panel comix I have seen in a damn long while. That second one is a total WTF. At least Gary Larson double-dog dared to make a smidge of sense every now and then.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in the same boat when I bought my house, the uncertainty of it all, very frustrating. And I'm going through it now with organizing the move to Denver, so I feel ya. I can't imagine a seller would nix a deal over 5 days, if they put it back up for sale, it's going to be a helluva lot longer than 5 days before they close again, so that doesn't make much sense to me. This will work out for you, I know it. :)

9:09 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Erin. As much as it sucks that you had to go through it (and still going through it) it does reassure me to hear other people telling about their problems and how they deal with it.

So are you buying a place in Denver, or renting? Is TM putting you up in a temp until you get situated?

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll be renting for 6 months so i can get acquainted with the area then hopefully i can buy. tm does cover the moving expenses, so if i can put that towards temp housing if need be, i just have a limit to how much i can spend.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, the above was from me.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

The Dinette Set is in the Daily Press comics section...and yes I read it every day.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home