Friday, February 17, 2006

I'm The Other "Butt Sistah"

Stone Age Tribe Kills Fishermen.

I actually have become more deeply fascinated with the enigma that is the Sentinelese people within the past year, after having first read about them in some book although I can't remember which (maybe back when I was reading Guns Germs and Steel, although when I refer back to its index I can't seem to find any mention of them anywhere) and I would love to find a more thoroughly detailed book if possible. Although I suppose that truly is impossible, seeing as how what we actually do know of the Sentinelese could probably fill one side of a sheet of paper double-spaced. There are a lot of websites about them, although I really was hoping for something a bit more... um, substantial I guess. But I guess that's it, really. What is already out there is all we really know:

  • Only about 50-100 in existence.
  • Lacks tools to build fire.
  • Push shoddy canoes along with poles.
  • Naked.
  • Fish with spears.
  • Kills intruders (and evidentially more competent fishermen) with spears.

So anyways, if anyone knows where I can get my mits on a book or vid or what have you, then you would here on out be forever known as Teh Swellest. No really, I mean it.

xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home