Monday, February 13, 2006

Jazzed, Is

Feather in my cap, bitches.

I shant reveal my sources, but I may have just hit the live jazz mutherload. A friendovafriendovafriendovafriend is a technician who also just happens to run sound for hundreds of jazz artists when they are performing all over Yurrip, and he's made just as many recordings from straight off the sound board during these gigs. He doesn't sell them, but I've seen the print-out of everything that he has and great googly-mooggly I could have sat there all day flipping through that spine-snapper of a volume if I didn't have other obligations, like say, work to attend to. I received three random burns from my friend this morning, just as a sample: Polish trumpeter Tomasz Stanko live at the Queen Elizabeth Hall in London 2/04, Swedish neo-bopsters E.S.T. live in Zurich 4/28/05, and some straight bop from Roy Hargrove Live in Berlin 11/01. Downloading into iPod as we speaketh.

The list... whoosh. I can't even begin to go into it. Miles, Coltrane, Sam Rivers, Don Cherry, Fred Anderson. Okay, I'll stop.

Just secretly found out that tomorrow is jazz hook-up friend's birthday. I need to make her something extra special and swing by her office in the morning to surprise her. But whatwhatwhat? She frikkin' has it all. Gah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home