Sunday, February 05, 2006

Weekend Update

I think the home inspection went pretty well. My biggest concerns were addressed, namely the AC/heating unit which appears to have been switched out since around 2001. Also new roof, total new plumbing... in fact the only thing they need to repair is the door to the backyard as well as the door to the adjoining shed. The house doesn't have gutters so the rain water has been just rolling right off the roof and filling up the patio all the way to the French doors that open into the backyard, causing a lot of wood rot in the door frame and along the door edge. Of course that means Joe and I need to purchase us some gutters within the next year, but with spankin' new doors it won't be urgency right at the moment. Other than that, I think that's really it.

I'm, uh, stoked.

Boy, have I been a mental case all week. I wish I could just shut down for a day or two and recharge. I have so many other financial obligations from the past month alone that I still need to address before I can finally relax with a modicum of peace of mind. I think I've been so busy with that right now it's barely registered that I'll be moving soon. Away from the beach. For the first time in almost a decade.

I almost feel like I need to give the oceanfront one last go-around. I never really liked living this close to the annual tourist deluge every year. But I'd like to take advantage of a few of the things that I did enjoy doing when I lived down here -- hit up my favorite restaurants, go to the Marine Science Museum, maybe grab S. and do the Seashore State Park ghost watch and torment the hippies at the Edgar Cayce Meditation Garden thing again. And of course, Nancy's Nook. Yew know what ah mean, local ladies? Mroaawrrr...

I don't know. It's weird. Okay maybe not, really. But it just doesn't seem quite real to me yet.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is awesome! You're most expensive concerns, roof & heating/ac are in great shape, that's a big load off your shoulders. Did you say this place is in Green Run?

8:35 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Yeah, it's in Green Run as in it's just off of S. Independence, supposedly right behind where the TCC is out there. I'm not as familiar with that area. Do you know where Buckner Rd. is out that way? We have a small shopping center with a Farm Fresh and a Target right across the street from us.

Yes!! You don't know the relief I feel right now knowing that all the big-ticket items are in working order. That was my biggest fret. Now we just have to send out our loan application and get through all that before closing day on the 23rd!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys (you too, Erinita)! Congarats on the new humble abode. You know you're going to lie awake at night unable to get to sleep because it's too quiet. Heh, right. Hope all the toys get their own room. I'm so happy here I just may become a home owner myself.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hey, you! So you're really liking TX? That's good to hear.

Dude, you would NOT believe the sheer amount of used old soul music we just got in at the store this week. Like, there is just NO ROOM in the used bin for it all!

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home